RS Recruitment Services is assisting a large manufacturing company based in Durban, to recruit a DRAUGHTSMAN.
Our Client a Proudly South African company with its roots in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal and has been delivering water and food storage solutions to targeted industries for over 20 years.
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements:
- Matric/Grade 12 (Mathematics and Science – an advantage)
- Tertiary qualification as a draughtsman – an advantage
- CAD Certification is essential – Autodesk Inventor by preference
- Computer literate – MS Office and Outlook.
- Structural steel drafting knowledge – an advantage
- Able to produce accurate work
- Good communication skills (fluent) in English and Afrikaans with a good technical vocabulary
- Must have strong administration skills – must be able to organise and structure workflow
- Strong personality to be able to make changes and influence the rest of the team.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of engineering terms
- Able to develop and present basic reports
- Good attention to detail, high work ethic, adaptability, desire to learn & grow
General Responsibility & Accountability:
- Produce software models and drawings of the Company product, in line with Company requirements
- Represent the department on technical matters at the appropriate level both internally and externally
- Participate in designing new product and product modification as per the brief received by the department
- Learn the preferred style of Company drawings and implement them consistently
- Create general arrangement drawings as required and detailed designs as required
- Ensure that Quality Management System is implemented and entrenched in department
- Management of Bill of Materials – accurate & current plus manage repository storage system
- Information Management System -Ensure that the Engineering & Technical Information Management System is updated regularly with accurate information
- Ensure constant communication on workflows to relevant company Departments/ Entities
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements concerning HSE in any procedure/ method written
- 12k to 18k ctc per month (Dependant on experience)
- Plus, large company benefits, including 10% provident fund after 6 months’ probation
- Send your CV in MS Word format.
- List two recent contactable references, including names, surnames, positions, land line and cell numbers and most important, email addresses.
- Complete a screening questionnaire which may be sent to you.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.