RS Recruitment Services is assisting a large FMCG company based in Westmead, Durban to source a Debtors Clerk.
Applicants should have/be the following:
- Matric certificate.
- Financial/accounting degree/diploma – an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years strong debtors experience (at least 5 years with a large company if no diploma or degree).
- Must have experience with an accounting ERP software (Mosaic software – an advantage).
- Good computer Literacy – MS Office -Excel (intermediate) and Outlook.
- Experience within an FMCG environment – an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Dependability to follow instructions, take responsibility for your actions and keep commitments
- Must be able to work independently and deal with high volumes of work
- Good analytical skills and excellent numerical ability
- Ability to work well as part of a team – to exhibit objectivity and be open-minded towards the ideas and view of others, give as well as welcome feedback, contribute to building team spirit, aid others to succeed.
- Goal and results driven with a high level of self-motivation
- Deadline driven, Good time management, Attention to detail, Resilient, Disciplined, Assertiveness, Punctuality
- Good listening skills and able to communicate in a clear and concise manner
Key Performance areas:
- Allocation of customer payments, debtor reconciliation, collection of outstanding debt, resolving any outstanding queries
- Forward unpaid copy invoices and pods to customer and ensure prompt payments received
- Perform reconciliation of debtor accounts
- Ensure accurate cash flow forecasts for 15th, 25th and the last day of the month
- Ensure correct discount is allowed to the customer and updated on schedule
- Liaise with driver recon department – request for pods and relevant credit notes are processed per customer claims
- Resolve outstanding queries promptly
- Perform any other related duties as requested
Duties & Responsibilities – but not limited to:
- General administrative duties
- Collection of outstanding debts from customers
- Sending regular statements,
- Correct allocation of payments from customers in terms of remittances’
- Resolving customer claims and queries
- Reconciliation of debtor accounts
- Placing overdue accounts on stop supply
- Issuing of statements
- Assist the Financial Manager as and when required
R13 000.00 ctc plus Pension fund, medical aid and 13th Cheque.
Please, only apply if you meet all the criteria for this position.
- Send your CV in MS Word format.
- Include a head and shoulders photo of yourself.
- Complete the application form which may be sent to you.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.